When you read the words "bucket list" your brain might automatically jump to skydiving and backpacking the Pacific Crest Trail a la Cheryl Strayed. But to us, a bucket list really is more of an inspirational guide when you're home with the kids and you can't bring yourself to watch another episode of Bluey (although it is the best). Whether you're a new mama who is dipping her proverbial toe into exploring the world with a new babe wrapped up on her chest, or a seasoned mama of multiples looking for a new way to entertain her kids, we want you to enjoy the summer to the fullest, however "full" your cup may be!
Slow + Easy: A Low-Key Summer Bucket List for Postpartum Mamas
- Spot new blooms during a neighborhood wrap 'n' walk.
- Eat strawberry anything and everything.
- Hang string lights in the backyard.
- Introduce your little one to the sound of birds chirping.
- Soak up the warm sunshine + daily doses of vitamin D.
- Let baby go bare-legged in the warm grass. (Hello, delicious rolls.)
- Have a snack al fresco—that goes for you, baby or both of you.
- Try your hand at an at-home photoshoot.
- Have a kitchen dance party.
- Get a kiddie pool and splash together.
- Make a summer-themed sensory bag and watch your little one discover new sensations.
Summer of Discovery: An Adventurous Bucket List for The Mama Who Is Ready To Explore
- Go berry-picking
- Collect and sort seashells.
- Go to an outdoor concert (bedtime permitting).
- Have a tie-dye party and invite people to join in adding color to their lives.
- Root for the home team at a baseball game.
- Visit a children's museum or local art installation.
- Have a beach picnic.
- Join a book club at your local library.
- Plant a window box with summer flowers (bonus points if it's pollinator-friendly).
- Visit a local botanical garden.
- Paint rocks and put them around the neighborhood.
- Visit a splash pad.
- Take a weekend road trip and go camping (or rent an Airbnb).