A Summer Capsule Wardrobe For New Mamas
Our bodies change after pregnancy, whether it's our first baby or our fifth. Things shift and slide and nothing is exactly the same as it once was. Which can make finding clothes that make you feel comfortable and confident postpartum a challenge. Enter: the capsule wardrobe.
We love a good capsule wardrobe because decision fatigue is real. And when you keep your closet pared down to basics, it makes it that much simpler to feel put- together (even if you haven't showered in...a while).
For our summer capsule wardrobe, each piece had to check all of these boxes:
- Is it nursing-friendly?
- Is it comfortable?
- Is it machine-washable?
- Can I easily pair it with other things?
- Do I feel good when I wear it?
You'll look great no matter what you wear this summer, but we hope if you're in need of a little postpartum style guidance that this capsule wardrobe will help you feel your absolute best when you venture out into the world with your new babe.
- Tank Tops: Nursing-friendly staples that come in a two-pack!
- Popover Shirt: Cotton gauze is a summer must.
- Striped Tee: Simultaneously casual + put-together.
- Swing Top: We love the floral print for this breezy top.
- Linen Tee: You can wear these with jeans, skirts, even sweatpants.
- Oversized Tee: This one is super lightweight and perfectly relaxed.
- Scoop Neck Tee: You can't go wrong with an earthy neutral.
- V-Neck Nursing Tops: If you're nursing, it's handy to have a surplus of tops that make it easy to get a boob out at a moment's notice. This wrapover style is so sweet.
Shoes + Accessories