Whether you’re hitting up a summer festival or weekday brunch with your besties and want to feel fresh and on-trend, Flax is the everyday wrap you’ve been waiting for. We are sharing looks all week that are cute, comfortable, and functional for our #sollysummerstyle series! Now, for my three favorite Flax summer styles for keeping it light and naturally beautiful.
Whether you’re hitting up a summer festival or craft fair with your besties and you want to feel fresh and on-trend, a distressed denim, Birks and an easy, airy top with our Flax wrap is the way to go.
• This Doen top is everything. It’s so light and airy that you won’t work up a sweat in it, plus it has buttons for easy-nursing in the wrap AND it has such a wide fit, you can pretty much fit your whole baby under it to breastfeed totally concealed! Not sure how they made a top this flattering and this wide, but they did it. I wore this top in another print all over Japan and loved how it looked and functioned. It’s worth every penny.
• These high-waisted, distressed denim Levi’s are slimming, fun and, again, so comfortable. They’re my go-to when I don’t feel like wearing denim, but feel social pressure to not wear sweatpants. 😉
• Easy to slip on and off and endlessly versatile, Birkenstocks are mandatory for motherhood.
You’re brunching with friends on a warm day and the fewer layers the better! An airy dress, chic peach Keds (a grown-up version of your childhood favorite) and a casual staw hat keeps you cool for a pulled together look.
• This dress from Free People is a dream. Loose and airy with buttons that make for easy nursing, there’s no body type this dress wouldn’t be a stunner on.
• Peach platform Keds = the dream of my 8 year old self. Maybe that should be my cue to not wear them, but I can’t help it. A little chicer than a sneaker, I think they’re too adorable and easy to pass up.
• A good straw hat in summer is like pie on Thanksgiving. Everybody needs one. I’m not 100% sold on this one, but you get the picture.
You are hitting the fields with kiddos to pick blueberries. In my heart of hearts, I’m a t-shirt and jeans kind of gal so this is my go-to.
• Pretty sure I didn’t do this Black Crane top justice in this photo but, believe me, it’s the best. It’s double gauzy cloth cotton, but it’s so breezy you’ll want to wear it daily. Disclaimer, the neckline isn’t quite low enough for breastfeeding in the wrap, but it’s worth it.
• These Levi’s Wedgie Jeans are a revived vintage classic. High-waisted and the perfect wash, if I were to commit to one pair of denim for the next year, this would be that pair.
• These Dolce Vita for Target espadrilles were $13 and they’re easy to slip on, perfect for the beach and running around town.