There is nothing like a new baby to help us slow down and focus on appreciating the ones we love. Today we’ve put together 5 ways you can enjoy quality time as a family without missing out on the romance or fun this Valentine’s Day. The best part is, your little one doesn’t have to be too far away – you can do all of these with your baby in your Solly Baby Wrap! Already made your Valentine’s Day plans? I’d love to hear what you’re up to in the comments below.
1. At Home Movie Night. Get everyone comfortable on the couch with extra pillows and blankets, break out the popcorn, and snuggle up to a romantic favorite. Some of our go-to crowd pleasers are Lady and the Tramp, Sixteen Candles, My Best Friend’s Wedding, or You’ve Got Mail. Let’s be honest, any Meg Ryan movie will do!
2. Date Night In. Put the baby to sleep and order a fancy meal to-go from your favorite restaurant. The best part about takeout is there is no clean up! So light some candles, add some music, and dim the lights to set the mood. Who said you need a babysitter to have a great date?
3. Go For A Family Walk. Wrap up your new bundle of joy and get out for some fresh air after dinner. Whether you’re walking to get some ice cream or just making a loop around the neighborhood, you’ll be able to reconnect without all of the distractions you can find at home. Plus, nothing beats holding hands with the ones you love.
4. Paint Party. Thanks to Bob Ross making his comeback on Netflix we are loving the idea of tapping into new creative outlets. Simply set up a few paint supplies (acrylics, brushes, easels, etc…) and get to work! You can paint something you love or give painting each other a try! If anything, it’ll make for a good laugh at the end of the night.
5. Make Your Own Pizza. Great for kids and adults, this dinner will be sure to satisfy anyone’s appetite while gathering everyone around the table. Lay all the preparations out ahead out time and have pre-made pies ready for ingredients to go on top. Use your imagination and have fun with this! Maybe make a heart out of pepperonis or write a love letter in cheese.